Roxanne Strauss, MA LMFT
CA License #LMFT92329
Certificates and Training
- Certified in two evidence-based, trauma informed, psychotherapy models:
– Internal Family systems (IFS)
– Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
- Program Assistant in Level 1 and Level 2 IFS trainings (2019-2022)
- Bereavement counselor at San Diego Hospice’s Center for Grief Care and Education (2011-2012)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- EMDR International Association
I earned my graduate degree at Bethel Seminary, San Diego where the integration of spiritual faith and MFT theory is emphasized. For my clients whose faith is a significant part of their lives, I can integrate faith in their treatment.
I respect each person’s spiritual journey and I welcome clients of all faiths and those who do not desire to integrate spirituality.
I respect and value all aspects of being human, which includes peoples’ various identities: racial, ethnic, and cultural identities, gender identities and expression, sexual orientation, and spiritual beliefs. While I am not an expert in any individual’s experience, I am a curious learner and a skilled therapist who can support you with care and compassion in your healing journey.